[bookport] Re: card reader

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:05:30 -0500

The card that came in the Bookport was blank when the BP was shipped to
you.  The only formats you can load on your memory card using the card
reader are MP3 files, if my understanding is correct.

You can install the software that came with your card reader, but you don't
have to.  Just plug that puppy in, and let her rip!

If you save your bank information as a text file, you can load it to the BP
using the Bookport Transfer software.  Technically, you can use the BP as
another hard drive, and you can use it as a storage device, but why would
you want to do that?  I suppose you could get a separate card for things
like that.  I have 7 cards, and most of them are full of books, both
Audible and e-texts.

At 10:07 AM 5/15/2005, you wrote:
>Hello listers.
>
>I bought a $20.00 card reader from Radio Shack yesterday.  Can someone tell
>me what steps I need to follow to install it?  ie Do I need to install the
>included software first and then plug in the reader or does Windows xp home
>edition have everything needed?  Also, is there anything I need to do to be
>sure that the reader uses fat16?
>
>Also, even though I have a card reader and this isn't important anymore, I
>was wondering if a blank card could be put in the book port.  Secondly,
>after running the book port software could I close it and then use my
>computer or windows explorer to use the book port as a drive for using  a
>card to back up my bank info, etc?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Steve
>
>p. s.  I wouldn't put any books on this card or read anything from the card
>with the book port just use it as a drive.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...