[bookport] Re: can of worms Re: Re: bookport Digest V5 #60

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:13:06 -0500

Actually, it wasn't a can of worms. People need to know about the possibility of losing data. I don't think anyone has panicked. I like Paul very much, but hearing him read the manual a dozen times... that wouldn't be my idea of fun! It would be much worse with the other voices!

At 08:19 AM 3/26/2008 -0400, you wrote:
My apologies for opening this can of worms. I merely wanted to agree that the manual is a good read, but you know you are desperate for something to read if you read it several times in one week.

I don't think anyone really needs to be concerned about taking the Book Port through airport security. I have done so many times without incident.

This was not the usual security check. As I said, everyone on the flight who had a device with a flash card, ended up with an empty one. I don't think there was anything any of us could have done to avoid this.

So, just take your Book Port through security as usual. If you get subjected to a super security check and lose your files, read the manual again.

Deborah

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>