[bookport] bp2, doubletalk etc.

  • From: Gary Lee <kb9zuv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:13:27 -0400

Frankly, I'm eagerly awaiting the first six months of the bp2 before I purchase. AS to doubletalk, bring it on. I wish more blindness specific devices, i.e. icon, braillenote, pacmate, etc. would use it. This is hardware speech, and as Larry so correctly pointed out, draws less from the batteries. Also, it doesn't use the precious cpu cycles of our devices; saving them for either more poroductive work, or allowing the processor to idle, saving still more battery. Long live hardware speech.

PM