[bookport] Re: bp lock

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:16:17 -0500

Not true, Dory.  The reset combination also works.  You could also say that
they all work in that any key pressed while in lock state powers up the unit
even if only for ten seconds.  This isn't really a problem since the battery
drain is negligible, but I have had many instances when the unit, while
locked and in my pocket has gone from lock state into locked up state if you
know what I mean.  This requires a reset to fix and of course any settings
that are different from the defaults must be reprogrammed.  I also suspect
that while it is in the locked-up state,it is drawing power.  Several times,
I've come back to the unit after hours away only to find it locked up and
the battery considerably lower than it should be.  Again, it's a minor
annoyance given the wonderful things the Book Port does, but I'd like to see
it changed.  I guess an on-off switch would take care of it.  Lou