[bookport] Re: bookport suggestion

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:29:37 -0600

I would agree with the exception that if if it were possible to increase the
functionallity, keep all the present features at the level they are at, and
increase the book reading capabilities without raising the price more than $100
to $200 then I think most people would still think they were getting a good
deal.   But, before adding a lot of new features it would be good if a few of
the current features could be improved a bit.  By that I mean, improve the
notetaking to be able to write in Grade 1, Grade 2, and Computer Braille and
save the note as a BRF file.  Be able to edit a BRF file in the notetaker,
improve the voice recorder so that it really could be used by a student or
professional to record a class or a meeting without having to also invest in a
digital recorder such as the Olympus DS2, put a small speaker on board (I don't
care how small that speaker is but let me have one without having to dig around
to find an external speaker), and add an easy to use way within BookPort
Exchange to backup the entire unit and be able to restore it in case of a
crash; this one needs to be easy enough for a non-technical person to be able
to do it and be successful every time they go thru the process.