[bookport] Re: bookport needs a speaker:

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:07:33 -0500

If it still cost $400.00 and was a laptop...  Wouldn't that be great?  (Grin)

At 11:58 AM 9/11/2005, you wrote:
I have a cellphone right now that is about half the size of a remote, about a quarter the size of my BP and thinner than the BP. It has a speakerphone in it. The audio quality isn't high fidelity by any means, but it's quite listenable in a pinch. I personally don't care if the BP has a speaker or not, as long as its current compactness is not compromised. But those who dismiss the notion immediately as something that will automatically increase the size of teh unit are not necessarily correct. But as I've found out, some people just see the word "change" and immediately hit the panic button: Bruce wants to change the BP into a laptop is what I heard, which is ridiculous.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Kevin Jones wrote:

One question to consider on if the bookport should have a speaker is, how
much quality of sound could it really produce. One of the bookport's
strengths is it's small size, would the unit have to be larger to fit in a
speaker that could provide any level of useful sound. I don't know, but
think some of us may be surprised with the answers.