[bookport] Re: bookport improvements

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:20:22 -0500

Hi, Paul.
        The eliminator I have goes up to 6 AA batteries (they have 2 and 4
cell versions, too), so any device that takes up to 6 AA cells can be
powered off this particular unit. They have something for 9 volt batteries,
too, but there are better ones sold by Radio Shack and other electronics
stores. The one from QCAvionix plugs into a lighter socket, and I had to get
a converter to get it working on house current. The one RS and other stores
sells works on house current directly.
        As for AAA, C, D, and so on, I haven't seen anything that serves an
equivalent function, though I don't see why such a thing couldn't be made.
        HTH.
        Aman