[bookport] Re: bookport hasn't arrived yet also about the notetaker

  • From: "Mike Freeman" <k7uij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:22:48 -0800

Josh:

What you want is a bookport that's a laptop at a bookport price. Ain't gonna happen, my friend.

Moreover, I think you'll find that the bookport is, while excellent at taking casual notes, not a good instrument for intensive note-taking such as for classes. First, if the bookport is sitting on a desk, the belt clip makes it unstable although this isn't a problem if you're taking notes in your lap. Second, the keyboard is made primarily for accessing bookport functions, not for braille entry. It would be far better for you to con your rehab agency into getting you a BraileNote or Pacmate. These have been designed with note-taking in mind.

Use each device for what it's good for. That way, you won't be disappointed when you can't get a one-size-fits-all device.

I say again, buy a laptop or a real note-taker if note-taking is your object.

Note, however, that the bookport *does* make a good casual note-taker for phone numbers and such.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Kennedy" <jkenn337@xxxxxxxxxxxx>