[bookport] Re: bookport case design suggestions?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:57:21 -0400

I tend to see most of the suggestions made thus far as excellent, except
that since I don't use ear buds, a pouch for them would be unnecessary in my
case. I do realize, though, that a lot of others _do_ use them, so I
certainly wouldn't oppose one. Perhaps Executive Products, who manufacture
the cases for the six models of PAC Mate and several models of GPS receivers
could take this on, provided a basic design could be established. Could
someone from APH give us an estimate as to how many of the current model
Book Ports have been sold so that we could perhaps give Executive Products
an idea as to the potential market?

Executive Products makes excellent use of Velcro and pouches that slide over
or clip to the shoulder strap, providing considerable flexibility in terms
of expanding the base case design. They're also one of the most completely
accommodating companies I've ever dealt with. Their cases are very high
quality genuine leather and as such, aren't cheap, but they're about as
functional as you will ever see and the company has a history of being
outstandingly flexible in terms of making adjustments to the standard PAC
Mate cases for individuals. For example, while the standard cases don't
include it, they will punch a small hole in the bottom of the case so that
if necessary, the PM user can perform a cold reset of the device without
removing it from the case.