[bookport] Re: bookport Digest V4 #77

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:39:22 +1200

Hi Dan!

Well how amazing! If the little Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind can produce Daisy titles that offer complete navigation, I would have thought NLS would do at least as well. I'm not saying these books are being distributed to folks regularly, but they have proven that they can do a good job. I have been able to put some books on the book port that they've done, and it has been a most pleasant reading experience. The RNZFB hasn't determined yet whether it will distribute books via internet or by post, and they obviously can't produce the volume of material that NLS can because RNZFB receives no government funding for talking books, but it is interesting to know that the quality and usability of what we do get will and does exceed NLS efforts, based on your description.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: <DanFlasar@xxxxxxx>