[bookport] Re: bookport Digest V3 #5

  • From: "SG" <8371@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 07:15:14 -0500

Hey Jim Caldwell,

Your books, are they in mp3 format or dot text files?

Thanks, Skip

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "David Bennett" < david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [bookport] Re: Micro drives
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:11:50 -0600

I think the original question might have been intended in a different manner
than has been interpreted, and this is something I, too have wanted to know.
If I'm misinterpreting the question, accept my apologies, but if anyone can
answer mine, please do. If you connect any sort of external drive to your
computer and populate it with prospective Book Port files and folders, can
they be accessed in the usual way using Windows Explorer or the Book Port
software? I've wondered this for some time and have considered acquiring
some sort of peripheral memory. I have four or five gigs of text and BRF
files and twice that amount of audible stuff, and would dearly love to move
this to an external source. Moving it to CD's is ok, and I have zipped
copies of most things on CD's, but many of my folders are too large to be
accommodated by a CD in an unzipped format. I'm supposing that any type of
drive can be accessed by Book Port, external or otherwise, but if anybody
knows for sure, please let me know.