[bookport] Re: bookport Digest V1 #85

  • From: "ptorpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:36:54 -0400

Rob,

I just tried it out - Good job - The recorded pitch and playback pitch
are now the same with the latest beta.  Now I can use the Bookport to
record and learn some piano tunes!

About my other questions:

1.      Now the preview function for the compressed audio files works.
When I first opened up Bookport this did not work.  I'm thinking that
the anser is that the compression process had to take place first before
I could preview?  But, the compression (as far as I know) can only be
done if you click the send button and actually perform the transfer.
Thus, its too late to preview.  Am I doing something wrong here?
        The exact steps I folowed were:
        a.      Copy an audio file to my folder of audio books on my PC.
        b.      Open Bookport transfor.
        c.      Modify compression settings.
        d.      Go to Preview - This did not work.
        e.      Transfer file to Bookport using compression settings.
        f.      Close Bookport.
        g.      Open Bookport - Now preview works properly.

2.      Are PDF files supported or was this a misunderstanding of mine?

Thanks, and keep up the good work folks at APH.

-- Pete

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:13:06 -0400
From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: Feedback on latest Beta

Pete:

The audio recording pitch problem has been corrected in the latest =
firmware. Since you are using a beta, check it out and see if it works =
correctly for you.

Rob Meredith