[bookport] Re: bookport 2

  • From: "Fred Wurtzel" <f.wurtzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:58:40 -0400

Hi,

I can understand the value of a speaker, but the cost and space, to me, are
not worth the added functionality.  Why do you want a switch?  The instant
system works perfectly, in my experience.  I wonder how a switch would
improve the device.

Re: NLS books, I believe there will be some intermediate software someplace
to convert NLS books for use by blind people that will be usable on the
current  bookport.  This is pure speculation on my part, so, it may not
happen, but it seems rather inevitable given the large number of bookport
users.