[bookport] Re: book port audible problem

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:08:18 -0700

        Hello.  If that's the case, I strongly recommend you run chkdsk or
scandisk against your flash card while it is attached to your computer.  I
believe you can force the transfer utility to do this, although I'm not
sure I know the details of how to get it done.
Also, you might want to browse your flash card with explorer, checking for
any hidden files to see if there are any extraneous things there that
perhaps don't show up in the transfer utility itself.
-Brian
On Oct 22,  8:31pm, Megan Kelly wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: book port audible problem
} hi,
} I have about ten files in the root directory, but created a separate folder
} for  the audible book I was transfering.
}
} Megan
}   At 07:27 PM 10/22/2005, you wrote:
} >         How many titles do you have on the flash card of your Bookport?  Do
} >you have any folders on your bookport?
} >-Brian
} >On Oct 22,  1:11am, Megan Kelly wrote:
} >} Subject: [bookport] Re: book port audible problem
} >} Hi,
} >} I have since received two more errors while trying to play other files on
} >} my book port. the first was FS card fail, and the second was a
} >} similar-sounding one, though i'm not sure exactly what was said.
} >} thanks,
} >} Megan
} >} At 11:41 PM 10/21/2005, you wrote:
} >} >         hi everyone,
} >} >I was sending an audible book to my book port when I received the
} >} >following error.
} >} >FFAPHAud: FFMP3: Flash Card is full.
} >} >Function: WriteData.
} >} >My flash card isn't full; I had over 500 Mb free. I tried reformatting the
} >} >card, as well as the fix file systems errors button in the transfer tool.
} >} >Also, when I put the flash card in my book port to reformat, the unit was
} >} >frozen, and I had to remove one of the batteries to get it to work. I
} >} >really hope nothing is wrong with my BP, i would hate to part with it!
} >} >
} >} >any help with this would be greatly appreciated
} >} >.   .
} >} >thanks, Megan
} >} >
} >} >