[bookport] Re: bible on BP

  • From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:18:54 -0600

Can't speak for others, but I downloaded a couple different versions from
Bookshare and found that locating book, chapter and verse was a real pain.  For
one thing, you have to know how to spell all those proffits and places that
make up book titles; then there's finding the chapter and verse you want...
Some audio Bibles have locater beeps between books and chapters, and there is
an electronic Bible available from speak to me.  I haven't tried it.  I
eventually got one from web braille.  Since it's based on a Braille Bible, it's
broken into volumes with a table of contents at the beginning of each volume.
It would take time, but you could get a pretty good sense of where to go for
what, but it would still be SLOW!
I'm sure others have better information.  Also, I don't know if bookshare.org
or web braille are available in Australia.  Web Braille is part of the National
Library system.  You may have an equivelent there.