[bookport] beta trouble

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:18:11 -0400

I finally got around to trying to install the new beta firmware and software.
Actually, I still haven't gotten to the software yet because since I've
installed the firmware the unit will only read the directory over and over.
The only way I can stop this behavior is to remove the batteries.  When I put
them back in, it starts all over again.  No key or key combination has any
effect except the reset command, 2B.  When I hit that, it says defaults
restored book port 1.1 test 7 ready and then continues looping the directory
information.  I'm using a win 2k system here at home but have XP at work.
Perhaps I should try it there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm
going through withdrawal without the thing.  Lou