[bookport] Re: battery life, alkaline versus rechargable

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:51:05 -0500

Hi Pamela and all,

I'm very interested in this. I now use NIMH batteries almost exclusively with
my bookport. Yes, the battery life is a bit shorter, but it's still excellent
(much
better than Nicad(sp?), and it's environmentally friendly. I have two sets and
an ultra-fast charger that charges them in an hour. It's been a great solution
for
me ... but Pamela, your message has me concerned. What kinds of problems were
related to non-alkaline batteries? Were NIMH batteries involved? In the
situation you mentioned, was changing the batteries all that was required to
restore functionality to the unit? I really don't want to go back to alkalines
unless
doing so is what's best for my Bookport's continued health and well being.
<grin>

Thanks,

Angie