[bookport] Re: bateries current vs. future bookport

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:03:20 -0400

Hi:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do any kind of testing with the Book Port
2, as it is not that far along yet.  Therefore, we don't know what the Battery
Life will be.

The unit will be too thin to accommodate regular AA batteries, so you will have
to use the Battery Pack.   Keep in mind, however, that you will be able to
power the unit with an AC adaptor, plus, you will be able to power it through
USB connection to a PC.

I don't know anything more than that for now.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/14/07 08:07AM >>>
What's the difference between the amount of time for battery life on the
current vs. new bookports? I like the long battery life for what I have now
which is why I'm thinking of getting another current bookport since I like
using the double A's. Will there be a way we can also use double A's in the
new one like we could with the handicassettes?