[bookport] basic questions

  • From: "Richard Fiorello" <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:56:04 -0500

Hi List;
I am a relatively new user but I seem to run into some questions that
someone with more experience can easily answer.  Feel free to reply off
list.
First of all, I have downloaded and installed the mp3 version of the manual.
I have seen lots of info telling me how to navigate a txt file but I really
don't want to listen to this thing from beginning to end.  How does one skip
around?

Secondly, I have seen lots of info from audible.com and bookshare.org, but
what other good sources are there for current info.  I subscribed to the nls
audio book project but there weren't many magazines there.  When I tried
downloading one I just got the table of contents.

I was disappointed to hear that readers digest wasn't available.  Any good
sources of current magazines would be much appreciated.
Rich
richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx