[bookport] Re: authorizing book wizzard reader

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:42:09 -0400

Hello:

APH provides a demo version of Book Wizard Reader with your Book Port, so that
you may send Daisy books to the Book Port.

To send books to the Book Port, you do not need to go into Book Wizard. Just
transfer through Book Port Transfer, as you would any other file.   If it is
version 2.02, send the ncc.html file.  If it is 3.0, send the opf file. Note
that in the case of RFB&D files, because there books are copy protected, you
will need to purchase an Authorization CD from RFB&D.  The CD needs to be
installed on your PC.  You will not need to send the Book Port to them.

If you plan to read Daisy material on the computer, rather than on Book Port,
then you might want to purchase Book Wizard Reader.  You can use the demo of
Book Wizard on your PC, but it will only work for 15 minutes at a time.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> tre_strother@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/21/06 09:16AM >>>
Hello all. Sorry if this sounds like an obvious question. I have been using the
BP since I bought it at the convention in Dallas for the NFB and I've not used
the Book Wizzard Reader. Do I have to call APH in order to get an Auth Code?
Thanks
tré Strother,
A+, IC³
Phone: 404-840-8189