[bookport] Re: audiobooks

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:36:07 -0400

Margo:

As you've noticed, you have a demo of Book Wizard Reader on your PC.
That is the software we developed to read Daisy material. The Book Port
software works along with that program in order to send Daisy books to
your Book Port. That is why you need a key for the Book Wizard, rather
than Book Port.

The key costs around $10, plus shipping. This key will unprotect the
books and allow you to either read them on your PC, or send them to Book
Port.

I'm sorry if I've confused you further. I just didn't want you to try
sending a book, then run into that problem. If you were to send one now,
without the key, all you'll get is the Book Title, with a blurb that
says, "This book is copy protected."

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> margo.downey@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/06/05 10:00AM >>>
Pam, okay, so, do I just call RFB and D to ask for the key to the book
wizard product?  I am a member of RFB and D.  so, how does Book
wizard figure into all this?  I know I have Book wizard now on my
computer but what is it and I'm confused about it and the book port and
don't I read the daisy books on the book Port?

Margo and Elmo