[bookport] Re: audible downloads at 1X

  • From: "Queen Family" <queens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:56:11 -0800

Format four on Audible is 114 megabytes per hour. Audible divides most
books into six to eight segments which take from fifteen to twenty
minutes to download on my DSL.  Recently, I had a book (TINKER TAILOR
SOLDIER SPY) which wasn't split and took 30 minutes for about 14 hour to
read.

Format three takes much longer to process on the Bookport than format
three on the OTIS, but the Bookport advantages far outweigh the
disadvantages such as moving or finding one's place in a book and simply
control.

I do wish we could control the reading speed from the Bookport like we
do with text files though.

queens@xxxxxxxxxxx

648 Kearney Street
El Cerrito, CA  94530