[bookport] Re: appearance (was Re: e: Re: Saving Settings when Changing Batteries

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:41:36 -0500

If the individual(s) is educable, I would agree. However, there are those
who aren't. Among these are the people who stare from across a room,
especially in a restaurant, to see what fox paws I'm about to commit. Since
my wife is sighted, I get reports on such boorish behaviors a lot more
frequently than I used to when I was either out alone or in company with
another blind person. Another one that will often get you strange looks is
walking sighted guide with a person of the same gender, particularly if
you're male.

But enough of this--this would probably be better handled on one of the
general blindness lists.