[bookport] Re: another suggestion

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:15:11 -0600 (CST)

I promised I would no longer talk about features that have yet to be implemented. And I won't. But what I will say is, have faith in APH. Let them listen to the suggestions, let them decide which are affordable and which are not. They, more than any of us, know what the costs in adding a feature are. People making suggestions should not be shushed by people who are terrified of change. Larry has made it clear on this list before that people are free to make suggestions, and while APH staff are not at liberty to discuss these suggestions, they are read. You guys have effectively shut me up from ever making a public suggestion for improvement. How many other people are you going to shut up because of your fears?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Walt Smith wrote:

Because every suggestion is going to require _at least_ the time of the
programmers who write the firmware. Whether a feature has been implemented
on some other device is totally irrelevant to implementing it on the Book
Port. This is aside from issues such as memory requirements, possible
hardware changes, etc.

From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I am just curious, for those paying for these products themselves, with
all
of these features, how much higher would you be willing to go for such a
device?

I haven't received mine yet, so maybe I'm mistaken thinking the value is
so
good as is.  But, it almost seems like people want a Braille N Speak with
book reading, recording, and MP3 capability.  Let's see, that $1,500
plus?
How many would they sell at that price point?