[bookport] Re: administrative privileges again

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:45:39 -0500

Mike:

We are looking into this. If you get the latest beta Book Port
Transfer, it shouldn't check for errors unless you request to do so, or
you try to install a firmware update.

Rob Meredith

>>> MHingson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/30/05 02:37PM >>>
Hi,

On my XP Professional operating system at home I log on as =
Administrator.  However, whenever I connect the Bookport I get a
message =
saying that the software can not check for errors and I am advised to
=
use error checking on the PC.  Why might this be so?  Shouldn't BP.exe
=
be able to do error checking if I am the administrator?  Thanks.

Mike Hingson