[bookport] Re: activating an audible account on the BP

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:07:15 -0400

I don't believe that Book Ports are counted at all. As near as I can figure
how things work, the activation of a Book Port isn't even known to Audible,
since you do not use the AudibleManager program to activate it and you never
communicate with Audible when doing a Book Port activation.

Also, your information isn't quite correct insofar as how many devices you
can have activated at one time--you can have as many _different_ devices
activated as you want--the limit is three _computers_. I had to write
documentation once that referenced Audible activation and this is the
official information direct from an Audible executive.