[bookport] Re: a feature request

  • From: "Jacques Bosch" <jacques.bosch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:26:53 +0200

Hi there. Sorry, miss understood you about the 150,000 word dictionary.
However,  I think my other points still stand.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be done during the transfer procedure. It
could be preprocessed to a temporary file right before it gets transferred
to the BP.
With the tool I told you about, I have an example for you.

I just processed a book of 196,613 words (the text file size is 1.23 MB),
with my dictionary of 80 words.
17,118 replacements were made.
All of this was completed in just over half a second.
So, if you have 100 books of that size, this feature, if correctly
implemented, will come in at just under 1 minute of extra time.

Not fighting <g>. Just trying to prove that it won't have any significant
impact on transfer.

Jacques