[bookport] Re: a feature request

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:48:36 -0500

James:

We probably wouldn't favor modifying words as part of the transfer =
process. Imagine that you transfer a file in this way and you want to =
spell a word in the file. If it is one of the words you modified, the =
spelling would be incorrect. This may be fine if you remember every word =
you modified, but try searching for such a word. You would have to search =
for the misspelled word, which highlights the undesirability of this =
approach.

Rob Meredith

>>> james.jolley1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/11/05 02:32PM >>>
Hi,

I meant that the transfer tool could substitute your phonetic spelling =
when=20
it sent the file across.

----- Original Message -----=20