[bookport] Windows Vista

  • From: <chris.bookp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:28:29 +0100

During installation of the BP transfer program I get an error it is not
allowed to put  the file msxml4.dll in some Windows subdirectory, even when
logged in as administrator and run setup.exe as administrator. Probably due
to the higher protection level  of Vista.
I replied ignore to the error dialog box, and installation completes without
further error or warning messages.
I started the program with a connected BP, it was recognized by the program,
and I observed nothing unusual.
I did not transfer something, I will do so within a few days.

In the meantime I request APH, to look if there is really a need to
overwrite msxml4.dll, and if so, what will happen if it is not done. I saw
during a recent Window Vista update that this file was replaced.

FYI for those who works with a computer screen magnifier/reader, zoomtext
9.1 beta supports Vista.