[bookport] Re: Why Administrator?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:42:08 -0500

Sandy:

You can go to a command prompt and type Chkdsk D: (where D is the drive
letter of your Book Port.) You can also use the Error Checking option in
the Properties for your Book Port Drive in My Computer.

Rob Meredith

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxx 03/24/05 02:15PM >>>
Question? How do you run Check Disk using the Dos command in XP?  Even

though I used Cakewalk 5 in Dos, I never learned the OS.  Or...  Can I
run
Check Disk on the card using the standard XP command?

At 01:01 PM 3/23/2005, you wrote:
>i,
>
>I never even considered this issue until today. To me, i'd rather have
the
>security of the transfer tool doing the initial CHKDSK on the card. I
>personally only have the one account as admin as I am the only user of
the
>machine.
>
>All the best
>
>-James-

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the

LORD...