[bookport] Re: What am I doing wrong?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:29:55 -0400

Nancy:

In a case like this, you'll want to use the "Show File Name as title," to be
sure that it gives you the proper file name.  Prior to transferring the file to
the Book Port, you'll want to go into the Options menu, under the General tab
you'll see a tab that says, "Show File Name as title."  If this is checked, it
does just that.  When you encounter it with the Book Port, it'll call it by the
file name.  There are other times, however, when you'll uncheck that box when
you have files with really weird file names that wouldn't help and for where
the title is the first thing in the top of the file, then it'll call it that
title.  It's useful to have it unchecked for Web Braille books and such, as the
proper title is inside the file and where the file names are too confusing.
Hope that makes sense.  Of course, some people rename their files, or edit
them.  However, I prefer to use those boxes accordingly, as they work for what
they were designed for.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/06/07 03:13PM >>>
I make a file of .txt files to transfer to bp.  For ex:  folder name:
Books.  File names:  Book 1; Book 2; Book 3, etc.I transfer the folder using
the send to bp functionl, and that gets all the book files over at one time.
When I unplug the bp and check the transfer, I definitely have the folder
name: Books, but within the folder the vbooks that were transferred seem to
have lost their file title and they are sitting there ready to start reading
when I select one.

Where have the file names gone and what can I do to make sure that my files
within the folder show up with their file names?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx