[bookport] Re: Weird Message

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:52:50 -0400

The problem you describe most often occurs when your PC is too busy to
get to the Book Port connect request.  This can happen if you have
something fairly intensive running on your computer when you connect
your device.

The Device Manager problem is a different one.  It usually happens if
there is not a good solid connection and can cause Windows to
mis-interpret the device that you are trying to connect.  That problem
is usually taken care of by removing the mis-recognized device from
Device Manager.

>>> fekhan@xxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:59:45 PM >>>
Hello Listers:
Since yesterday I am getting a message telling me that the Bookport is
not connected and that the USB port is malfunctioning.  However, after a
couple of seconds - about five - the Bookport connects and everything is
okay.

Any suggestion for dealing with the problem and, just for my
information, what does the device manager have to do with causing
"weird" behaviour (or is it behavior?) that I have been reading about.

This behaviour/behavior started when I downloaded firmware update No.
31.

Francis Khan