[bookport] Re: Warranty

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:00:49 -0400

Grant:

The warranty period is one year of the "Date Of Purchase," regardless
of the Firmware update versions. Since you received this unit from
another organization, the waranty would start from the date they
purchased it. If they gave it to you a month ago, then you may want to
contact them and get written paperwork from them, stating when they
provided you with your unit, so the warranty can be changed to reflect
you as the user, and the date will be changed. This is  a good idea,
because they may have had it for quite some time, before they gave it to
you. Then, if you do have to send it in, you'll have the necessary
documentation.

Pamela

>>> granthardy@xxxxxxxxx 04/22/05 10:12PM >>>
I'm not currently experiencing difficulties.  I was just wondering when
my
warranty expires.  I received my book port last month through an
organization as a pilot project.  So I'm not sure when the unit was
actually
purchased.  And I want to find out whether the new hardware update will
be
covered by a warranty.

Grant