[bookport] Re: Victor Reader Stream

  • From: Russ <green.russell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:27:24 +1000

Hi

Thanks for the link to the Stream documentation, I missed this on the
website.  The relative merits of the bookport and Stream will depend
upon what features are important to you.  For me, being able to
control playback speed of audio files is top of the list.  The Stream
has this and even the Bookport 2 is not expected to have this
initially.  Also the built in speaker, availability now and lower
price are enough for me to buy a Stream.  Though I will wait a couple
of weeks to read about other peoples experiences with it.

The Stream has a built-in microphone so you can record notes.  The
battery life of the Stream is not impressive and a faster connection
than USB would be a big help (such as firewire or eSata).

Russ

On 7/1/07, Robert Acosta <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The major advantage of the Stream is that it is less expenwsive.  I
understand that the Stream will take the NLS cartridges for future library
use.
Bob