[bookport] Re: Victor Reader Stream

  • From: "Bruce Toews" <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:18:58 -0500

Absolutely. So one examines one's options. One examines the benefits of
the Book Port: clock and alarms; longer battery life; can already handle
BRF and Word files while any such support, if it happens, will exist in
the future for the Stream; APH's support is legendary; can currently
handle Audible files, though support in the Stream has been promised.
these are the ones that hit me off the top of my head. Then we look at
the advantages of the Stream: smaller; officialy supports 8GB cards;
plays OGG Vorbis files; offers speeding up of playback on the fly;
better recording capability; uses a somewhat simpler keyboard layout and
includes key describer; can be AC powered; uses USB 2; all supported
file types can be transfered directly to SD card usinc card reader;
supports such devices as memory sticks and external hard drives; comes
with case, belt clip on case and not on unit; is at beginning of
development cycle, while current Book Port is at the end. Those are the
ones that occur to me offhand. Two different units, just decide on an
individual basis which set of benefits is more important to you.
Competition is a good thing.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews