[bookport] Re: Urgent question

  • From: "Annette Carr" <amcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:03:42 -0400

Hi Deborah,

When I download books from Bookshare I usually download the Daisy format.
Once it is saved on my hard drive, I use the BookShare unpack utility and
save the unpacked book again to my hard drive.  I then plug in my BookPort
and the BookPort transfer software is launched and I use it to send the book
to the BookPort.

Lately, I have been sending files to the BookPort prior to connecting the
BookPort to the computer.  This will store the files in the BookPort's
transfer software until you are ready to plug in your BookPort to transfer
them.

Keep in mind that you can use the brf formatted books in your BookPort as
well.  A few times I have come across a daisy formatted BookShare  book that
did not work once I transferred it to the BookPort, or some other problem.
I then would go back and download the brf file and life was great.

I hope this helps.

Annette