[bookport] Re: Upgrades: Hardware and Firmware

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:37:32 -0500

Wow, now that's a nice list.  I especially like the increased recording
quality and a microphone jack.  With the Book Ports ability to do notes
in braille and the addition of the ability to record a lecture, what
other device would one need?

I think my suggestion below is perhaps ahead of where you may want to
be, but I'll make it anyway.

If you're going to increase the recording quality, what about a way to
link up recorded notes with points in a book.  For example, one might
record a memo based on what one is reading and use the keypad to produce
a different kind of mark which when reached in play back, would jump to
and play the recorded file.  When the file was finished, the listener
would be returned to the place in the text where they left off.  It
would be rather like writing notes in the margin.  As a student, I would
have loved such a feature.

I know, that's asking a lot and I think the book port is great as it is,
but if you're looking for other ideas, I believe the one above might be
one people would use.
Neal