[bookport] Re: Update features

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:45:43 -0400

Hello Grant and fellow BookPort owners.

Grant, to my knowledge, it will be very difficult to include a circuit in
the BookPort that will give you anything near accurate remaining power
readings on rechargeable or lythium batteries unless the circuit, complex in
design, is for one type of battery only. Most rechargeable and lythium-type
batteries retain their full voltage until almost expired, rendering it very
difficult to build a circuit that accurately measures remaining life. It can
be done but the circuits are highly sensitive and very specific to one type
of cell.

Cordially,

Jerry