[bookport] Re: Unable to transfer from PC to new Book Port.

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:30:22 -0500

Tiff:

If you can't see the Book Port as a drive in Disk Management, than =
remapping will not work for you, as you have to see the Book Port to =
change its letter. You should be able to change it to any available letter =
above C; it really doesn't matter.

>>> tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/31/04 08:04PM >>>
I continue to have this same issue with one of my computers, and have =
simply
ignored it since day one almost five months ago. I end up getting around =
it
by sending the files I want through the network to another computer and
attaching the book port there.
I understand that I can fix this problem by reassigning the drive letters =
on
this computer, and also know how to do it, but I can't figure out which
drive I should change, and to what letter.
Here are the drives and letters they are assigned as:
main internal hard drive is partitioned to C and D
Second internal hard drive is L
External hard drive is K
internal DVD rom is E
internal CDR which lists as MMC/SD is F
internal compact flash is H
internal 3.5 floppy is A
I'm not sure what it is called, but the drive slot is as thick as the slot
for the flash drive, but not as long. I have two extra letters in use so =
it
has to be either
Smart media which is I
or
MMC/SD which is G
I also have something odd called MS/MS Pro which is I
I know sometimes if you have a disk in the drive the disk name will appear
next to the drive letter, but that is not currently the case so I don't =
know
why it got such an odd name. It has been like that for as long as I know.
I also used to have the hard drive on one of the computers downstairs in =
the
basement mapped to my computer so I could get to it's contents faster, but
after it's massive virus problems I unmapped it so hopefully that won't =
make
a difference in addressing this problem. If it matters, I think that was
labeled N.
Now the question of all questions is, which drive should I be changing, =
and
to what letter? Someone once said that some drives should not be labeled =
in
letters before or after other types of drives, but I honestly didn't
understand what I should be doing here.
Though thankfully the Book Port works great on my other computers, I would
really love to get it working on this main computer soon.
Thank you.
Tiffany

----- Original Message -----=20