[bookport] Re: USB questions

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:10:49 -0400

Kasondra:

Obviously, if it's working fine for you, then there's no issue for you.
 You're not going to hurt anything.  However, there have been problems
with hubbs and with interference from scanners and such.  Therefore,
whenever you're troubleshooting, you try anything and everything till
you find the problem for that particular situation.  Every one is
different.  There have been times when scanners and other devices were a
problem.  And I've seen hubbs that didn't work, but when we had the
person bypass the hub and connect directly, then everything worked.  So,
if someone is reporting a problem, you try everything you can to find
the barrier.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> Kassyp36@xxxxxxx 06/13/06 12:48PM >>>
Pamela,

I have had no problem with other USB devices being connected at the
same
time s my bookport.  I store most of my books on a portable hard dive
that
is bigger than the one in my laptop.  I have no problems with the hard
drive
and the bookport being connected at the same time.  Is this supposed to
be a
problem?  I also have a USB hub because I only have two ports.  Am I
not
supposed to use it with the bookport?  Thanks.

Kasondra Payne

6/12/2006