[bookport] USB power and internal speaker

  • From: "Michael Hingson" <MHingson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:02:55 -0700

Well, I might as well put in my two cents.  I do like the concept of the =
Bookport's USB port providing power when the BP is connected to a =
computer.  Many other devices provide this feature.  Depending upon how =
much information is being downloaded to the BP the unit may be connected =
for some time.  I do not think batteries should be discharged during =
this process.

Whether or not a new internal rechargeable battery should be used should =
be predicated upon how long the unit will run on  one charge.  If I have =
to recharge more often than I now change batteries than that is not =
progress.  If, on the other hand a good rechargeable battery could be =
used which would provide at as much reading time as now than I am all =
for it.

Finally, although an internal speaker would be convenient, how good =
could the audio be?  The idea is to provide a portable device which =
provides many hours of reading time.  An internal speaker will be a =
significant drain on a battery.  Even so, if a speaker makes the unit =
more usable for some than I would support it even though I prefer =
headphones.