[bookport] Re: USB power

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <ralfaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:28:39 -0400

Mary,

Well said.  I also think there are assumptions being made that may not
necessarily be based in fact.  The battery drain issue is one of them.
Although I agree there may be perhaps some additional battery drain with a
built-in speaker, it has not been established at all that it would be
substantial.  It is quite possible that the drain might be very minimal, and
as you said, if head phones or external speakers are the preference, then
any additional drain is not a factor for those that wish to listen that way.
Maybe one of the APH folks can set us straight on how much of a drain it
would really be.  If we are talking about a substantial amount, with or
without using headphones, then perhaps its not such a good idea.  But, if
the drain is minimal, and non-existent when using headphones, then why not
consider it?

--Best Regards,

--Rick Alfaro
--ralfaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx