[bookport] Re: Type 1 and 2 CF cards

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:24:46 -0400

It is my understanding that Type 2 cards are a little thicker than Type
1 cards.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> christine-ann@xxxxxxx 08/30/06 08:41PM >>>
Well, I went to London Drugs today (only in Westren Canada) and they
had a 1
GIG CF card on for $59. But the guy said he couldnt tell if it was type
one
or two, didnt say anywhere on the package. I decided that since they
have a
return policy I may as well buy it and try it. Sure enough, it works
just
fine.

What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2? How can I tell which
one
is which? And what is the reason Type 2 supposedly doesnt work?
Thanks!

Christine