[bookport] Re: Type 1 and 2 CF cards

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:49:44 -0700

        Type II (2) cards are thicker and won't fit in  the BookPort slot.
They're usually microdrives, little hard disks hiding inside CF packaging, which
is why they're bigger.  This is not a problem, however, because most flash
based cards are type I(1), and because the flash based cards have gotten to
the size where they can hold more data than the old microdrive based devices
could, you mostly encounter type I(1) cards now.
        Glad the new card is working for you.
-Brian
On Aug 30,  5:41pm, Christine Nieder wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Type 1 and 2 CF cards
} Well, I went to London Drugs today (only in Westren Canada) and they had a 1
} GIG CF card on for $59. But the guy said he couldnt tell if it was type one
} or two, didnt say anywhere on the package. I decided that since they have a
} return policy I may as well buy it and try it. Sure enough, it works just
} fine.
}
} What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2? How can I tell which one
} is which? And what is the reason Type 2 supposedly doesnt work? Thanks!
}
} Christine
}
}