[bookport] Re: Two strange Book Port problems

  • From: "Missy Hoppe" <melissah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:44:48 -0400

Hi! I experienced the reboothing problem for the first time yesterday. I
had just installed Windows Defender, though, and hadn't rebooted, so
perhaps somehow, that caused the problem. In my case, though, the reboot
happened after I disconnected the BP from the computer. The bookport
software didn't launch when I connected the bookport, so I disconnected it
and the reboot happened. Then, once the system came back up,  I got all
those serious error recovery messages, and was really freaked out. Anyway,
in my case, the story had a happy ending. Once all the error recovery
messages went away, I reconnected the bookport and all was well. Hopefully
it was a one-time freak occurrance, but I wanted to share the experience so
that the kind folks at APH know that Megan isn't the only one who has
experienced this problem.
In my case, though, it didn't seem to affect the bookport it sellf in any
way.
Missy