[bookport] Re: Two Questions

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:18:15 -0700

Hi Rob,

I, on several occasions, have used the D+E+f and have lost my settings.

I have just done 3 tests.

The first time, I hit D+E+f, removed the batteries and put them back in
immediately.  The settings were retained.

The second time, I did the same thing exceptwhen reinserting the second
battery , I (without intending to do so) popped it in and out.  So, the
power was connected, killed and reconnected very quickly.  If I wasn't
paying attention, I might not have noticed.  And, of course, my settings
were lost.

The third test was to hit d+e+f, remove the batteries, wait for more than 30
seconds and reinsert them.  My settings were retained.

Reed