[bookport] Two Questions

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:13:30 -0500

Hi everyone.  I'm curious about a couple of things.

First, a couple of weeks back before I got my BP, someone wrote to the list
saying that each time they replaced their batteries their settings were not
retained although they changed the batteries in less than the 30 second time
limit.  I am also running into this situation, and have both times that I've
changed my batteries so far.  I hit D,E,F together to save the settings and
hear nothing accept for the two beeps indicating that BP has turned off.  I
hold the unit in front of me without laying it down on a table so that none of
the buttons are being pressed and remove the batteries.  Before removing the
old batteries I have the new batteries in my hand so that I can immediately put
in the new set, but as soon as the new set is put in I hear the message
"Defaults restored; book Port ready, version 2.2."  Am I missing something
somewhere?  Unlike doing the 2,b command, removing and replacing the batteries
even resets my clock to some strange time.  I know I'm definitely doing the
switch in less than 30 seconds.

My second question relates to the transfer software and batteries.  I am
admittedly fairly clueless when it comes to power consumption but I've noticed
something that seems sort of weird to me.  If I have a fresh set of batteries
in the unit and connect to the computer there seems to be very little battery
loss.  However, if my batteries are a bit lower, (tonight they were somewhere
between 40 and 45 percent), and I plug in there seems to be a very significant
battery drain.  I was told after unplugging that my batteries were low and
needed to be replaced, and the percentage was reported at 20 percent or so.  Is
there a particular reason for this or am I imagining things?  Thanks in advance.

Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Check out my blog at
http://ccongdon.wordpress.com
or add me to your Livejournal friends list with username tazcat
mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx