[bookport] Re: Transferring files with the BP software

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:18:21 -0600

If it works at work, but it doesn't work at home, then the problem must lie
with your home computer.  This is going to sound crazy, but do a "check
disk on your computer and then a defrag.  Uninstall the Book Wizard, also,
and then reinstall the BP software.  Are you sure your USB drivers are
properly installed?  Do a virus scan, too.  Maybe there is something nasty
lurking on your computer.  You just never know, now-a-days.

At 04:45 PM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
>The problem with sending files to the Bookport seems to be a difficulty with
>my home PC.  I can transfer files at work.
>I have tried
>1. a different flash card
>2. a different cable
>3. downloading and installing the Bookport softeare from the APH web site.
>
>My computer still tells me the Bookport is not connected.  I know the USB
>port works because it recognizes that I have a device in and it works on my
>USB memory chip.
>
>When I try to remove the bookport software the add/remove software box says
>it couldn't remove it completely.
>
>When I use the flash cardthat comes with the bookport, after I disconnect
>the Bookport I need to remove the batteries to reset set it so it talks.
>This didn't happen with the additional flash card (1 gig lexmark) but the
>files didn't transfer either.
>
>Please advise.
>Thanks!
>Bar
>
>The mission of a Toastmaster Club is to provide a mutually supportive and
>positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to
>develop
>communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence
>and personal growth.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...