[bookport] To Update

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:37:01 -0500

I'm expecting my repaired BP from APH soon, and would like to know the
proper sequence for updating the firmware and software, in case the unit has
older versions.  My biggest fear is that I would end up with firm- or
software that would be incompatible with the other.  And, is the 1-3-*-#
command only for reverting to an older version of firmware once a newer
build has been successfully installed?  Or will that command work to abort
the updating process if it isn't working?

Also, since I have left the transfer software to check for updates
automatically, is there a possibility it would pull in aa software update
before I'm ready, or is there a confirmation step in the process?

The more detailed your explanation, the better off I'll be, I think.<smile>

Thank you.

Dale