[bookport] Time left

  • From: "Dave Cunningham " <dcj638586@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:26:11 -0400

Here is a curious suggestion.  would it be possible to get the time left
announced using a key push for a MP3 or Audible file so someone would know
how much time has elapsed?

When I am listening to an audible book I sometime wonder how much time is
left, and sometimes if I have a book in MP3 format it would be nice to know
what is left to listen too.  It isn't like I am anticipating the end of the
book but just out of curiosity I would like to know.  This would help if I
doze off.

A spin to that would be indicating the how much of the file has played and
how much is left or something to that affect Example would be

There has been 5.4MB played and 10.5 left to go, I would think it would have
to be a bit more detailed in size but this gets the point across.  Just a
thought.

Also, is there anything in the works to be able to fast forward or rewind
through a Audible book while listening.  When I had my RIO 900 I was able to
do this and it was quite convenient to hear how fast the book was rewinding,
I had a tendency to doze off and then have to rewind and sometimes I could
determine where I was by the sound.  Just a suggestion.This would replace
the forward by page, paragraph and line method.  not to mention having the
time announced would also provide a time frame to rewind too.

Now one other question.  I have noticed that when I play an Audible file the
volume for the audible book must be turned down which, in turn I can't hear
the Double talk speak if I check the battery or when the battery is low.  Is
there any suggestions to fix this.

I would also like to say that all who have been providing technical support
for the BP as well as taking guff have been very patient with us and I wish
to say thank you very much for all your support and patients with all my
suggestions and complaints, you people are top notch techs.  I can't speak
for everyone else but at least I think you are.  Thank you very much!

Keep up the great work.

Dave Cunningham

(412) 215-4597 Cell
Email address used for MSN.

All incoming and outgoing email scanned by Norton Anti-virus 2003